Wednesday 28 November 2012

ALICIA KEYS LAUNCHED INTERACTIVE APP FOR KIDS



ys has launched a new interactive app for kids called "The Journals ofa Mae and LeeLee," about the relationship between a young New York City girl and her wise grandmother, The Associated Press reports.

Available today for $3.99, Keys produced the music for the app, which is set in LeeLee's bedroom and allows users to
read books, play music and write in a journal. The app was released by her own company, AK Worldwide, and Bento Box Interactive.

"It's a new adventure for me, and I'm really enjoying it," Keys said in an interview, adding that raising her two-year-old son, Egypt, helped inspire the app.

"I was just getting introduced to kind of the TV shows and the DVDs and all the things you start kind of introducing your kids to, and I thought how cool it would be to be a part of something that really allows them to hear music from different places, different cultures, different sounds," she added. "That's what we're able to do with this."

The app is also somewhat based on Keys' relationship with her own grandmother, with the musician noting, "It does remind me of my world . . . The piano, the journal, music's such a big part of my life, the city, all of that."