Wednesday 31 July 2013

RICK ROSS STILL ROCKING WITH REEBOK.

Maybach Music Group founder Rick Ross found himself swimming in controversy this year following the release of Rocko’s “U.O.E.N.O.,” a record which featured a
notoriously controversial lyric from Ross. Following the backlash surrounding the rapper’s lyrical addition to “U.O.E.N.O.,” he was subsequently dropped from his endorsement deal with Reebok.
Despite Ross’ brash ending with Reebok, he went on to reveal that he still has “love” for the brand during an interview with The L.A. Leakers. The God Forgives, I Don’t rapper also made reference to a possible “announcement” he says will be made at the appropriate time.

“Well, you know, as far as me man I just still love wearing Reebok,” Ross revealed. “You know what I’m saying? That’s just always been a vibe of mine and I’m still rocking with Reeboks. I feel like when the time presents itself, if it is meant to be we gon’ make that announcement and let the streets and everybody know what the deal is. But other than that I’m just rocking Reeboks.”

Ross later went on to address his controversial “U.O.E.N.O.” lyric and the apology that followed. On the original version of the song, Ross rapped, "Put Molly all in her champagne, she ain't even know it / I took her home and enjoy that, she ain't even know it."

“You know me, I really don’t take it too personal. I just feel like Hip Hop is the biggest force in the world right now,” said Ross. “It’s the biggest voice in the world right now and I feel like a lot of people just want to step on that stage a lot of the times. At the end of the day we’re writers, we’re entertainers. It’s just like writing a film. It’s just like Scorsese or Tarantino. We may direct a film you may not like. You don’t have to watch that one. You don’t have to catch that particular film…For anyone that was [taken] advantage of or raped or so on, that’s who that apology was sent for.”

In April, it was reported that Ross could possibly lose between $3.5 and $5 million as a result of his Reebok fallout.